Flow Yoga Center, Washington DC
Three in-person weekends followed by three semi-private practices.
January 19 - 23, 2019
February 23 - 27, 2019
March 23 - 27, 2019
Even though it is the foundation for nearly all vinyasa classes taught in the United States today, the vast majority of teachers do not have a working knowledge of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. This training will equip you with that knowledge and elevate your ability to teach all forms of vinyasa yoga.
We've designed this program with experienced, committed yoga students and teachers in mind! Work? School? Family? Whatever it may look like, this program is designed to fit your busy life.
· Monthly weekend immersion followed by 3 semi-private practices
· Asana exploration of the full Primary Series
· Basic understanding of the anatomical concepts of the Primary Series Postures
· Comprehension of contraindications of postures.
· Hands-on adjustment clinics
· Vinyasa count clinic
· Ashtanga Pranayama
· Yoga Sutras Immersion
· Online group training / Q&A sessions
· Get more than 200 hours of high quality development hours
· Become knowledgeable of the postures of Ashtanga
· Learn how to adjust postures confidently
· Learn how to see the body in front
· Learn to lead a traditional count Primary Series class
· Develop teaching language skills
· Progress on your own
· Build a working understanding of the Yoga Sutras and the relationship between Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
· Observe/assist in the Mysore room
· Build a foundation for a meditation practice
It is a requirement of the program for participants to practice in the Ashtanga Mysore method a minimum of 5 days per week.
Please note that all applicants will be interviewed prior to acceptance, and you must have a daily practice (minimum 4x/week for 1 year) in order to apply to this program. This training is not suitable for anyone who is new to yoga.